Sports Vision Training Evaluation
Before establishing an individually tailored sports vision training program, our doctors provide a comprehensive sports vision training assessment for patients who are looking to gain that competitive advantage in their sport. During this evaluation, we will determine the health, visual acuity (eyesight) and refractive condition of the eyes for appropriate corrective lenses, if needed. Then we will administer a battery of tests, assessing the vital areas of visual function needed to increase sports performance. After evaluating all the important areas of visual readiness, a sports vision training program is designed to improve visual performance associated with the athlete’s sport.
Our Sports Vision Evaluation Includes
- Dynamic Visual Acuity – Measures the ability to see detail in a moving target
- Eye Tracking (Ocular Motility) Testing – A measure of smooth pursuits and micro eye movement called saccades, essential for accuracy in sports
- Eye Teaming (Binocular Vergence) Testing – A measurement of coordination and convergence of the two eyes important for depth perception
- Depth Perception (Stereopsis) – Measures the individual’s ability to see an object’s location in space
- Eye Focusing (Accommodation) Testing – A measurement of automatic eye focusing relating to the clarity of looking from far to near
- Visual Discrimination – The ability to see subtle likes from differences
- Visual Memory – The ability to visually remember the characteristics of a shape/object after a brief presentation
- Visual-Spatial Relationships – The ability to see the difference among objects based on spatial orientation
- Visual Sequential Memory – The ability to remember and recall a series of objects in their specific order of presentation
- Visual Figure-Ground – The ability to perceive an object visually, and to find this object hidden in a cluttered background
- Visual Closure – The ability to identify an object with limited visual cues
- Visual Form Constancy – The ability to recognize an object with a variety of distractions
- Eye-Hand Coordination (Visual-Motor Integration) – The ability to integrate the eyes and hands (vision and motor) for faster reaction time
- Visually Directed Gross Motor Function – The ability to effectively integrate the two halves of the body
- Visual-Vestibular Integration – The ability to integrate the visual system and the balance (vestibular) system
- Visual-Spatial Peak Recovery – The ability to respond to visual-spatial disorientation
We also provide a thorough eye health and vision evaluation to determine the health of the eyes, visual acuity (eyesight) and refractive condition for appropriate corrective lenses when needed.
SPORTS VISION TRAINING SERVICES
This evaluation will establish the athlete’s baseline before we design their:
We were very pleased with the thorough testing she received at her initial visits to Wow and the time Dr. Fortenbacher and his staff spent with us explaining the results. Many of our concerns were addressed by the test results.
At our initial appointment, I was so pleased with how amazing the staff was. We walked into what felt like a “home” and not a therapy office. Each of the tests was explained to us before they started. Not only would they tell us how the test was performed but also why they do the test.
The first time we went in, the staff was super nice and spoke to Lucas as a person versus a kid. The doctor explained each of the tests and what it would be like to attend vision therapy. Lucas found instant joy in the methods because they were less like work and more geared towards fun and things he could accomplish.
Dr. Bartolini did Carter’s evaluation, and she was amazing! She made him feel so comfortable, and she explained everything to me. Any questions I had she was able to answer and provide me with research as to where the information is coming from.
GET IN TOUCH
To learn more, please fill out the form below and one of our Sports Vision Coordinators will be in touch to answer your questions or help schedule an evaluation for you.