At Wow Vision Therapy, we strive to help all patients acquire improved vision abilities. Although the majority of our patients live near our clinical locations, we understand some individuals wish to travel over-seas to receive our world-class treatment. International patients, please read the following information about our international patient requirements.
International Patient Requirments
- The frequency of treatment often varies based on the diagnosis of each patient. However, we typically schedule our patients for two office-based therapy sessions per week. Therefore, you or your child must be able to visit one of our locations at least two times a week.
- Treatment length typically varies depending on the severity of a patient’s condition. Usually, treatment may take anywhere from 2-6 months. Therefore, you or your child must be able to visit one of our locations at least two times a week for up to 6 months.
- At Wow Vision Therapy, our patients experience a highly personalized approach with each session one-on-one (therapist-to-patient), conducted under doctor supervision. Therefore, a patient’s ability to verbally communicate with our team is essential. If you are traveling from a non-native English speaking country, please note that all patients must be fluent in English.
- Vision therapy is a rehabilitative program, prescribed to treat developmental and/or neurologically induced dysfunctions of the visual system. This form of treatment addresses several types of binocular vision dysfunctions; however, not all patients are Vision Therapy candidates. Therefore, before we see a long-distance traveler, please obtain a formal diagnosis from your local optometrist. We can not schedule an evaluation until you have diagnostic documentation.
- If you require any visas, hotel/lodging, or other travel accommodations, please note that we are unable to help with these accommodations
GET IN TOUCH
To learn more, please fill out the form below and one of our Patient Care Coordinators will be in touch to answer your questions or help schedule an evaluation for you.