Vision Rehabilitation Evaluation
Our optometrists provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for patients who require vision rehabilitation after a brain injury. When a child or adult suffers a blow to the head causing a concussion (mTBI) or more serious traumatic brain injury (TBI), one of the first steps on the road to recovery starts with a Vision Rehabilitation Evaluation. During this evaluation, our providers take the time to ask questions, listen and understand you or your child’s difficulties, reported signs, symptoms, and history report. Then our doctors provide a comprehensive battery of tests, assessing many important areas of vision.
- Eye Tracking (Ocular Motility) Testing – A measurement of micro eye movement called saccades.
- Eye Teaming (Binocular Vergence) Testing – A measurement of coordination and convergence of the two eyes.
- Eye Focusing (Accommodation) Testing – A measurement of automatic eye focusing relating to the clarity of near vision and near visual attention.
- Visual Discrimination – The ability to see likes from differences.
- Visual Memory – The ability to visually remember the characteristics of a shape/object after a brief presentation.
- Visual-Spatial Relationships – The ability to see the difference among forms based on orientation.
- Visual Sequential Memory – The ability to remember for immediate recall a series of forms in their specific order of presentation.
- Visual Figure-Ground – The ability to perceive a form visually, and to find this form hidden in a clutter of background.
- Visual Directionality – The ability to identify language symbols based on their directional orientation.
- Visual Motor Integration – The ability to analyze visual information and reproduce the response in a paper and pencil task.
- Visually Directed Gross Motor Function – The ability to effectively integrate the two halves of the body.
- Visual-Vestibular Integration – The ability to integrate the visual system and the vestibular system.
- Baseline reading tests – Standardized testing of word recognition and fluency.
We also provide a thorough eye health and vision evaluation to determine the health of the eyes, visual acuity (eyesight) and refractive condition for appropriate corrective lenses when needed.
VISION Rehabilitation SERVICES
This evaluation will determine the presence of:
To schedule a new patient appointment, please contact one of our clinical locations.