Sports Vision Training
About Sports Vision Training
Vision is one of the most import neurological functions when it comes to playing sports. Abilities in eye-hand coordination, dynamic visual acuity, tracking, focusing, visual reaction time, and peripheral vision are some skills needed to be a superior athlete. Those with excellent vision facilities show greater abilities within their sport. Sports vision training helps the athlete improve many vision and motor abilities necessary to increase performance, including:
- Dynamic visual acuity helps improve the athlete’s ability to see things clearly while in motion or helps the athlete track moving objects.
- Eye-hand coordination determines how well the athlete coordinates control of their eye movement with their hand movement. Improving this skill increases the athlete’s ability to guide reaching, grasping, passing, and hitting within their sport.
- Eye focusing (also known as accommodation) refers to the strength, flexibility, and accuracy of the eye focusing system. Accommodative skills allow the athlete to keep objects in focus as well as quickly change focus during the game.
- Peripheral vision refers to our side vision. Improving peripheral vision helps the athlete see objects outside of their focal point. Improving peripheral vision gives the athlete a wider view of the field.
- Visual tracking is the ability to move our eyes from spot to spot while maintaining focus on the object we are looking. Improving visual tracking advances the athlete’s reaction time, speed, and fluidity within their sport.
- Visual reaction time refers to the amount of time it takes for environmental stimuli to travel from our vision system into our motor system to produce a physical reaction. Improving visual reaction time helps the athlete hustle up their response time, by training the brain to work more efficiently.
Sports Vision Treatment
80% of learned materials are presented visually. Once the individual goes onto the field, this statistic increases making vision one of the most important functions in and off the field. Sports vision tests may vary, depending on the athlete’s needs, but is a necessary test that determines what vision function needs improvement.
Whether you are a weekend warrior or serious athlete, Wow Vision Therapy can give you a competitive advantage by improving your dynamic visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, depth perception, visual tracking and reaction time. By teaching our patients how to control their vision with greater agility and efficiency, we establish visual confidence. These skills lead to improvements on the field and increased self-confidence in life.
Sports Vision Training Articles